The GatorNights Assistant assists with managing the GatorNights late night program every Friday night that not only boasts a new theme it offers fun, food, and entertainment for all Gators! Located within Student Engagement, this position serves Student Activities & Involvement and the UF community by providing opportunities for connection and meaningful experiences for all students.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist GatorNights Managers and Assistant Managers on duty with tasks throughout the night which includes assisting with set-up and take down of an event, load-in and load-out for events, and maintaining safety and cleanliness of facilities throughout event.
- Provide hospitality needs and fill customer service requests from live entertainment at special GatorNights events
- Assisting with concession stand, food bar staffing, and cleanliness of food court
- Ensuring all events are meeting the required staffing needs, large event safety procedures are followed, and staffing specific events when required
- Promote GatorNights events through the use of word of mouth marketing, flyers, and event signs
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for the GatorNights late night programs
- Conduct event management responsibilities that ensure overall participant safety
- Complete all training requirements upon being hired in a timely fashion
- Ability to commit to working 10 or more hours per week
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate ability to work in a large group setting and independently
- This position will require the ability to work Friday’s between a time range of 4:00 PM to 2:00 AM
- Candidates must demonstrate a flexibility in their schedule to promote 2-3 hours weekly between Monday – Friday
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain
Student Engagement Staff Member Responsibilities
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Engagement areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.