Graduate Assistant, GatorNights
This Graduate Assistantship will assist in managing the GatorNights program which plays host to hundreds of students each Friday night providing a late-night, low risk program full of free games, activities, a movie, live entertainment, and so much more! Located within Student Engagement, this position serves Student Activities & Involvement, and the UF community by providing opportunities for connection and meaningful experiences for all students.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, implementation, execution, and promotion of the GatorNights program and activities
- Assist in the management of staff and volunteers which includes supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Coordinate GatorNights staff retreat and ongoing development of student employees.
- Document evidence of GatorNights program impact, based on identified learning outcomes, including maintaining statistics, conducting surveys, and developing reports.
- Manage event supplies and inventory and assist with ordering as required.
- Collaborate with professional staff to ensure contracts and other financial paperwork for events are done in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and assist social media efforts for GatorNights program.
- Create and develop new channels in which to promote GatorNights.
- Provide support for programs and initiatives of Student Activities & Involvement, as requested
- Serve on University committees, as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Admitted as a degree-seeking graduate student at the University of Florida
To Maintain the Assistantship:
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA each semester
- Meet the minimum course registration requirements for each semester of appointment
- Must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work during the fall and spring terms.
- Throughout the contract dates, this position will require 20 hours per week which may include occasional night and weekend hours, and the potential for additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
- Students admitted or enrolled in the Student Personnel in Higher Education (SPHE) academic program area
- Previous experience in event planning (e.g. workshops, activity based programs, collaborations)
- Previous experience with management of peers, staff, or volunteers
- Experience working within a collegiate setting; this may include undergraduate involvement in service learning or community service, campus activities, programming boards, or similar experience
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills
Remuneration & Additional Information
- Tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester plus the current UF minimum salary for a 9-month Graduate Assistant appointment.
- The contract will be valid August through May
- Opportunity for hourly summer employment may be available
- Graduate students have access to health insurance through the University.
- Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.