Graduate Assistant, Leisure Courses
This Graduate Assistantship will manage and implement the Leisure Course program consisting non-credit courses for students and the UF community, research best practices, and innovate ideas to assist in the enhancement of this program. Located within Student Engagement, this position serves the Reitz Union and the UF community by providing spaces, programs, and services that enrich the campus life experience
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop a robust curriculum for the non-credit leisure course program including courses for life skills, talent discovery and enhancement, and experiential learning.
- Coordinate all aspects of the program including: interview instructors, schedule courses and instructors, secure room and equipment reservations, produce course guides, manage course database program, manage recruitment and course enrollment processes.
- Develop instruments and conduct assessment/research projects to better understand and provide recommendations for the leisure course program.
- Benchmark against other state institutions, southeastern institutions, as well as top ten institutions to determine best practices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the database, website, and registration processes for the program.
- Assist with evaluation of the financial needs of the program, as well as assist with recommendations to increase revenue.
- Participate in ongoing assessment efforts of the area and provide reports as needed.
- Participate in all-staff functions as well as volunteer opportunities (as needed/desired) within the Student Engagement team.
- Serve on University committees as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Admitted as a degree-seeking graduate student at the University of Florida
To Maintain the Assistantship:
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA each semester
- Meet the minimum course registration requirements for each semester of appointment
- Must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work during the fall and spring terms.
- Throughout the contract dates, this position will require 20 hours per week which may include occasional night and weekend hours, and the potential for additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
- Previous experience in event planning (e.g. workshops, activity based programs, collaborations)
- Previous experience with management of peers, staff, or volunteers
- Previous project management experience
- Previous experience in program/conference planning and presenting leadership workshops
- Experience working within a collegiate setting; this may include undergraduate involvement in campus activities, student union/campus center operations, programming boards, or similar activities experience
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills
Remuneration & Additional Information
- Tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester plus the current UF minimum salary for a 9-month Graduate Assistant appointment.
- The contract will be valid August through May
- Opportunity for hourly summer employment may be available
- Graduate students have access to health insurance through the University.
- Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.