Graduate Assistant, Student Organizations
This Graduate Assistantship will provide developmental advisement to the leaders and members of student organizations and support for campus events programmed by student organizations. Located within Student Engagement, this position serves Student Activities & Involvement, and the UF community by providing opportunities for connection and meaningful experiences for all students.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the Fall and Spring Registration Process for all student organizations, including student organization constitution review, student organization outreach meetings, and program assessment.
- Coordinate portions of student organization training series for all student organizations, including but not limited to, semester training, monthly orientations for new groups, as well as ongoing training for faculty advisors
- Assist with the design of the training schedule for student organizations or advisors for the year
- Assist in creation of marketing materials for the series
- Serve as an area advisor to specific student groups on issues related to contracts, event planning, and other financial matters related to their programs
- Assist with the management of student organization contracts and agreements
- Serve as an event lead for campus programs and events
- Educate students and student organizations on campus and community policies and regulations.
- Participate in event staffing throughout the year
- Create, administer, and evaluate assessments of programs and other general data
- Provide support for programs and initiatives of Student Activities & Involvement, as requested
- Serve on University committees, as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Admitted as a degree-seeking graduate student at the University of Florida
To Maintain the Assistantship:
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA each semester
- Meet the minimum course registration requirements for each semester of appointment
- Must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work during the fall and spring terms.
- Throughout the contract dates, this position will require 20 hours per week which may include occasional night and weekend hours, and the potential for additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
- Students admitted or enrolled in the Student Personnel in Higher Education (SPHE) academic program area
- Previous experience as an officer in a student organization
- Previous experience in program/conference planning and presenting leadership workshops
- Experience working within a collegiate setting; this may include undergraduate involvement in campus activities, student union/campus center operations, programming boards, or similar activities experience
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills
Remuneration & Additional Information
- Tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester plus the current UF minimum salary for a 9-month Graduate Assistant appointment.
- The contract will be valid August through May
- Opportunity for hourly summer employment may be available
- Graduate students have access to health insurance through the University.
- Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.