Audio Visual Assistant
The Audio Visual Assistant provides the setup, operation and maintenance of sound, projection, and lighting equipment for meetings, assemblies and entertainment based events. Located within Student Engagement’s Office of Event Services, this position serves the UF community by providing event management support.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide audio visual equipment and technical support for events and meetings
- Operate sound reinforcement and lighting systems to support a wide variety of live events
- Maintain a wide variety of portable and installed audio visual equipment
- Provide projection operation and maintenance for the Reitz Union Cinema
- Conduct the hiring of and the training for new student employees
- Must be able to commit to working 10 or more hours per week including weekends
- Must be physically able to lift 45 pounds
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Candidates will be able and available to work the entire academic year including semester breaks.
- Flexibility to work shifts during the early morning, evenings, and weekends; some shifts may start earlier or end later depending on the current level of activities
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain
Student Engagement Staff Member Responsibilities
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Engagement areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.