Front Desk Assistant
The Front Desk Assistant serves as the initial point of contact providing information regarding the Florida Greek Community. Located within Student Engagement’s Office of Sorority & Fraternity Affairs, this position serves the UF community through engagement opportunities that enhance the Greek life experience.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Connect students, faculty, and staff to the appropriate resource related to the Florida Greek Community
- Aide the Florida Greek Community by assisting members to resources, staff, and education material available
- Complete administrative tasks such as filing, distributing mail, and creating appointments for students and professional staff members
- Complete all training requirements upon being hired in a timely fashion
- Ability to commit to working 10 or more hours per week
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate attention to professionalism, dependability, and timeliness
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain
Student Engagement Staff Member Responsibilities
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Engagement areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.