Hotel Night Auditor
The Hotel Night Auditor assists with offering overnight residence for families, prospective students, visiting scholars, and game day enthusiasts who want to be on campus in the middle of all the action. Located within Student Engagement, this position serves the Reitz Union and the UF community by providing spaces, programs, and services that enrich the campus life experience.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of the hotel information desk which would include making room reservations, checking-in and checking-out hotel guests, and responding to hotel guest requests.
- Aide the visitors and patrons by providing directions on locations throughout the Reitz Union, campus, and various destinations
- Maintain documentation and billing information regarding posting room charges other charges to guest folio’s and accounting procedures
- Produce accurate and timely reports for Hotel Manager and Business Office that demonstrate appropriate transactions were performed
- Responsible for operating hotel switchboard (PBX) responding to hotel guests needs appropriately as well as programming wake-up calls
- Complete all training requirements upon being hired in a timely fashion
- Ability to commit to working 10 or more hours per week
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess the ability to work shifts during the early morning, evenings, nights, weekends, breaks and holidays between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:30 AM
- Demonstrate previous experience of cash handling procedures and reconciliation
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with computer and database systems
- Successful candidates will have a minimum one year experience at the University of Florida in Gainesville
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain
Student Engagement Staff Member Responsibilities
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Engagement areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.