Graduate Assistant, Newell Hall
This Graduate Assistantship will assist with the facility operations and student staffing for Newell Hall. In collaboration with Student Government, this space is designed as a 24/7 active learning environment provided for students.
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Oversight and management of student staff including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation
- Lead recruitment and hiring process for student employees including applicant review, and selections
- Assist with review and update training procedures and materials
- Plan, organize, or attend area meetings as required
- Create and implement personal and professional development opportunities for student staff
- Create and maintain work schedules for student staff ensure facility is properly staffed at all times
- Monitor and support student employee job performance including: projects and workflow
- Assist with communicating important information regarding events, closures, policies and procedures changes
- Collect, document, and process People Counter information
- Assist with management of facility spaces and equipment, ensuring facility-related concerns are promptly reported and resolved
- Assist with advising Student Advisory Board facilitating educational and social programs to promote facility usage
- Serve on University committees as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Admitted as a degree-seeking graduate student at the University of Florida
To Maintain the Assistantship:
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA each semester
- Meet the minimum course registration requirements for each semester of appointment
- Must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work during the fall and spring terms.
- Throughout the contract dates, this position will require 20 hours per week which may include occasional night and weekend hours, and the potential for additional time required during peak periods such as the beginning and end of each semester.
- Students admitted or enrolled in the Student Personnel in Higher Education (SPHE) academic program area
- Previous experience with management of peers, staff, or volunteers
- Experience working within a collegiate setting; this may include undergraduate involvement in campus activities, student union/campus center operations, programming boards, or similar activities experience
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills
Remuneration & Additional Information
- Tuition for up to nine (9) credit hours per semester plus the current UF minimum salary for a 9-month Graduate Assistant appointment.
- The contract will be valid August through May
- Opportunity for hourly summer employment may be available
- Graduate students have access to health insurance through the University.
- Florida is one of the few states without a state income tax.
For more information about this position contact StudentEngagementEmployment@ufsa.ufl.edu.